I plan to start two-thousand twelve with clarity and peace. In order to do so, I have decided that for one entire month I will practice yoga daily (even if it’s just for ten minutes at home), lead a vegetarian lifestyle, and eliminate alcohol. Wish my luck!
JAN 1: Drive in from Austin, and despite my stuffy nose drag myself to a 5:30 beginners class. I’m definitely an adv beginner/beg intermediate at this point, but my inner ballerina appreciates the additional time a less challenging class provides to correct my alignment and ensure I’m doing the poses and movements properly.
Walk to have dinner with the fam after class and find them celebrating 2012 with Louis Roederer and caviar. I have smoked gouda and water.
JAN 2: First day back at work. Lunch with co-workers at a Lakewood Tex-Mex fave and ordered Bean & Cheese Flautas. I HATE beans, but right now it’s all about the protein, baby. After a bite realize they were beef. Sent back. Irritated. Discouraged. Received a free lunch. Slightly less irritated.
JU’s class at the Lakewood location when I finish teaching. The movement is slightly different than what I’ve become accustomed to, but it reminds me of a friend’s mothers’ classes (she also teaches Alexander Technique). My biggest concern is having trouble continually linking breath to the movements because she so thoroughly explains different aspects of the practice. As a technician I love the information, but I don’t find the class as physically or spiritually satisfying.
1. I just received the best basket of veggies that I’ve ever gotten. It’s my last before I move, so I’m glad to see it end on a super high note!
2. Today I hemmed two pairs of amazing (and expensive) pants that I’ve owned for over a year but never got around to taking to get altered. Too bad it’s 102 degrees.
3. Butch Cassidy at Lance Pants’ place tomorrow.
4. I’m in love with my vintage Mexican dress.
5. Boat day with Princess & his worker bees on Friday!